What to Do If You Don’t Have Your Parents Tax Information to File The FAFSA: JR’s Daily Two-Minute Financial Aid Tip

Today were talking about What to Do If you don’t have your Parents Tax Information to File The FAFSA.

Now if you are under the age of 24 and aren’t married, have a kid, or have been in the military, you are classified as a dependent student. This means the FAFSA asks for your tax information and the tax information of your parents. But what do you do if your parents won’t provide this information. Some students can’t access this information for reasons that are attached to their personal safety and they ran away due to the threat or actual physical or sexual abuse, neglect, domestic violence, or were kicked out of the home for either their gender expression or because they were an LBGT youth.

While it may seem insurmountable, there is hope. To help explain what can be done, I called Angeles Fuentes, the director of financial aid at California State University Monterey Bay.

So don’t give up on your college goals just because you think you can’t access financial aid. Take the time to go speak directly with your financial aid advisor and be open and honest. Tell them the truth, and they can help you get the financial aid you need to live a better life.

Have a problem with financial aid or scholarships? go ahead and send JR a tweet @ CollegeCashMan. Thanks for listening to JR’s Two Minute Financial Aid Tips at www.collegemoneyman.com.

The College Money Man Podcast, and JR’s Two Minute Tips are available for subscription for FREE via iTunes, and Stitcher. New episodes of 2-Minute Tips are released everyday Monday thru Friday, and our weekly broadcast is released each Wednesday. Subscribe, like, and comment! Download and get your dose of financial aid help on the go.

Download Here


One thought on “What to Do If You Don’t Have Your Parents Tax Information to File The FAFSA: JR’s Daily Two-Minute Financial Aid Tip”

  1. I’m a international student from China and I come here for college after I finish my Exchange program, but I found it’s kind hard for me to pay all the tuition off by myself, since my parents will not give me any money, and I am going to Drury University at Spring Field Missouri, it’s a private school so the tuition is kind high, but I like that school and want study in there no matter how much I need cost, so I’m gonna find a job and I’m apply scholarship every day(especially at scholarshippoints). And so I was thinking if after one year I still can’t pay it off by myself, I’m gonna to transfer into another school, and can you give me some advise to help me out, since I really want go to study at Drury University, I’ll be grateful if you do that!!!


Ask a Question!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s